Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Open Letter

This is an open letter to YOU Mr/Mrs Politician aka MP’s
As a Kenyan I’m tired of being against that, I’m tired of being told that this guy is not good because of what he did back when. I want to be told what you stand for, why I should queue in the line on a hot sunny December day to put a check by your name, so that you can get diplomatic immunity and a free ride on my taxes. Tell me that you will look out for the things that I want. Please don’t give me the old song and dance about building roads, schools and dispensaries, tell me why Kenyans have to pay to enter Tanzania and we have an East African Community tell me why the person in the Northeastern province has to live in fear of raiders from our neighbors to the north, hell tell me how you are going to make Nairobi safe for me. Tell me what your government is going to do to stem corruption. I don’t want you to tell me you will eradicate poverty, tell me how you will do it. Aids is killing everyone, tell me what your government will do to make them live the rest of their lives a dignified human beings. Tell me what your stand is when Kenya becomes the dumping ground of stuff, I mean stuff, from sugar to cell phones, from expired maize to batteries that don’t have the voltage they say they have.
I’m tired of the broken promises, I’m tired of the high expectations, I’m tired of the dying suffering children on the streets and the mud huts in the village. I’m tired of the high taxes, I’m tired of the potholes, I’m tired of being tired. Please Mrs/Mr. Politician tell me how you are going to make a difference. (Realistically)
When you get to read this Mr/Mrs politician, if your underlings don’t shred and dismiss it as a rant of one of the many people who are against you. Go home in your government issued car with 400 horses guzzling away my taxes and sit yourself in the taxes sponsored house that you have built for your children who are back from holiday from Europe, since they have better schools there, and think about this, we are sick and tired, we are going to change the way we live, we want you to help, but you don’t have to, you can move out of the way and we will do this (we got it).
Wanainchi we should all come together, we are after all wana- inchi, we should tell this guys look here buddy time’s up, we need you to tell us what, when, where and how you are going to be different and this time keep your word.
Peace.

No comments: